Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Twine Vase's

Hey Everyone!!  Spring is on it's way and I've gotten back into the groove with some DIY projects.  The first one I've conquered are these lovely little vase's.  I love them because of the natural texture. They're great because they were super easy to make!





I started with two clear vases, some twine and my hot glue gun.  I cleaned the vases up good because they have been sitting up in my attic for quite some time.





I put a dab of glue on the bottom of the vase and then wound the twine tightly around.  Every so often I would stop to sort of pinch the twine together to avoid gaps also to add a dab of glue. 



Soon it looked like this.  What do you think?  You can stop how ever far up on the jar you want to give it your own look. 





 I set them on my dining room table for display.  I can't wait to have some spring blooms to add to them!






xoxo


I linked up with these linky parties:
 Keeping It Simple

Somewhat SimpleCatch a Glimpse Buttonshabby creek cottage The Shabby Nest 504 Main


UndertheTableandDreaming {nifty button}

13 comments:

  1. Fab simply project!
    Shannon
    aka desin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture it gives the cylinder. Great idea! (love that you only covered half the vase, too!!)

    Thanks for popping by my blog & leaving such a sweet comment! I'm following back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Anne!! Thank you for the sweet comment in return!

      Delete
  3. This is super cute! Thanks so much for visiting LittleHouseintheBigD.com!

    I'm your newest follower!

    Samm @ littlehouseinthebigd.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh... I like this one! I have seen it on the garbage cans and the pottery... but I really like the look of the twine on the clear glass. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like it on bottles too, I might try that one next!

      Delete
  5. Love this! How perfectly simple and decorative! Thanks for visiting my blog. Now following you back!

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rustic look! I started a new link party just for rustic and shabby chic projects. I would love to have you share this - http://rustic-crafts.com/?p=5569

    ReplyDelete
  7. So simple and sweet! Love how these look! Would love for you to link up to our Uncommonly Yours link party! ;)

    www.uncommondesignsonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I grabbed your button today and I will link up on tuesday!!

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I always look forward to reading your kind words.