Thursday, December 29, 2011

DIY Updates to our Living & Dining Rooms

This is the newest edition to our living room.  A DIY paper wreath.  I've seen them made out of pages from a book or music sheets.  I like those very much however I had the need to add some color.  I got a pad of scrapbook paper and made this one.



This is a grouping made from a tray found in the craft area of a dept. store, a single plate I had and an old picture frame that I painted.  I plan to tweak this project a little to make the colors stand out better from the pale walls.  


These are plates that I mounted to the wall using gorilla glue and hanging brackets.  The plates each came from old sets of dishes that have just the odds and ends remaining but I like too much to throw away or tag sale.





This is the beginning to our family photo wall.  I still have photo's to add or update and hang the right way.  I want all the photo's I hang in this group to be B&W or sepia tone. 



Thanks for staying along for the tour of updates.  A tutorial for the paper wreath will be coming soon.  Best wishes in the New Year!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I always look forward to reading your kind words.